Real Coach – Our New Website

Firstly….Welcome to our new website! We hope you are as excited about it as we are. It has been a long time coming, we feel it has definitely been worth the wait!


We are very excited with the prospect of our new site being much more user friendly. Now, when you are out and about you can view our website, and all it has to offer from your mobile phone or tablet device.


You will notice that with the exciting launch of our new website we are offering a 20% discount on selected training programs. We would love you to take advantage of our current promotion.


Real Coach will still continue to offer high quality service from our experienced team selected from within the real estate industry. The team would love to hear your feedback about our new website. Contact us now to let us know how we are doing!  You can also read what our valued clients are saying about us.


Real Coach is becoming more social. Stay tuned for updates on courses and sales, and what is happening with Real Coach in general by following us on twitter and liking us on facebook. Do you like to “peep” …. well stay tuned..


The team at Real Coach is on hand should you require any assistance with any of our courses. Send a enquiry through on our contact form, and we will be in touch with you real soon. Or of course you can still contact our friendly team on 1300 124 125.

We look forward to hearing what you think!

Compliance 101 – Who Needs a Certificate or Licence

At Real Coach a common compliance question that is regularly asked is

“What role requires a Certificate or Real Estate Licence”.

Unfortunately due to the wording in the government legislation the answer isn’t always that clear, and it depends on the tasks a person performs and/or completes. Roles are not always clearly defined and there is a need to be flexible in the workplace but we must ensure that the person completing these tasks have the knowledge to do so.  It is important for you to know how to interpret the rules as the penalties for non- compliance are quite high.


We have prepare a simple FAQs to determine – Who needs a Certificate or Licence ?



Who needs a Certificate or Licence?

The Property Stock and Business Agents Act 2002 requires that all real estate employees that wish to be involved with any real estate transaction must hold either a Certificate of Registration or a Real Estate License. Therefore the following roles should hold either a Certificate of Registration or Real Estate Licence – Sales Manager, Salesperson, Sales Support, Sales Assistant, Property Manager, Property Officer, Leasing Clerk/Agent, Receptionist, Office Assistant, Auctioneer.


Should the receptionist/office assistant hold a Certificate of Registration?

Yes the receptionist/office assistant is required to hold at least a Certificate of Registration or a Licence. Anyone wishing or engaging in discussion with clients or prospects in relation to real estate matters.


Sales Support & Sales Assistant Roles – do they need to be qualified?

These roles generally cover duties collating information into seller reports, preparation of sales files, arranging property inspections, preparing property brochures and more. If the sales support/assistant is going to liaise with any sellers, buyers or prospects regarding real estate matters they need to hold a least a real estate certificate of registration or licence.


I am a Property Officer assisting the Property Manager do I need to have a Certificate of Registration?

Yes a Property Officer is required to hold at least a real estate certificate of registration or licence as there duties can include organising repairs, preparing lease documents, showing prospective tenants, checking references, collecting rent and more.


I only work part time/ on the weekend do I need to have a Certificate of Registration ?

Yes, you are required to hold a Certificate of Registration or License, even if the period of time working is limited to a couple of hours a week. If you are liaising with any clients, landlord, tenants, sellers, buyers or prospects on any level you need to be qualified.

If I want to be a Licensee in Charge ?

To enable to job promotion or development to a position as a Licensee in Charge you must a hold a Real Estate Agents Licence.